Friday, April 25, 2014

And so it begins...

I've been putting this off for awhile now. Writing a blog? Really? Last time I did this seriously was when I was in middle school, on Livejournal, and even then, it wasn't really serious. It was mostly me complaining about friends, talking about cute boys, and complaining how hungry I was when my mom put me on the Atkins Diet. Not exactly the most serious thing on Earth.

I kept putting this off even more. Kept telling myself I'd have to get a pretty layout first and do this and do that. Then I realized that this was just me putting off things like I normally do.

I don't exactly know where to start with this so I guess I'll just get onto the intro.

Hi, my name is Steph and this is my blog about becoming "me".

You would think that at twenty-three I'd have things kind of figured out. I'd have a Bachelor's degree in something, maybe a significant other and a baby, and I'd be living the ultimate dreams that I had planned out when I was a teenager (which constantly flipped between writing novels or acting in films or being some guitar goddess in an all-girl rock band.) Instead, I have none of those things. I dropped out of college because I was miserable. I was never confident enough in my abilities to show people my writing or audition for a play. I've never really followed much of a path but just kind of kept the same routine over and over the past couple years, which is basically as follows:


  • Get up impossibly late
  • Go to work
  • Come home
  • Eat lots of crappy food while trying to be healthy
  • Read books
  • Stay up far too late
  • Repeat


While this may seem like an amazing dream to some people, this isn't the most fulfilling of lifestyles. I don't feel like the person I am meant to be. I am over 100 lbs overweight. I work a job that I don't really feel passionate about. I don't have many hobbies or skills. I am terrified of putting myself out there because I have always been afraid to disappoint someone.

This is where I am going to record my new life. The one where I put myself out there, the one where I try to become the person I feel like on the inside. For now, this blog will mostly be about changing my eating habits and becoming a healthier version of myself (along with some unboxing of a few subscription boxes because who doesn't love getting those in the mail!?).

This is the story of me. The story of becoming Steph by step.

No comments:

Post a Comment